Delivering Justice.
Delivering Results.

Guiding You Through Each Phase of Your Life

Permanent Hearing Loss & Tinnitus Linked to Defective Military Issued Ear Plugs​

Small Kentucky Law Firm. Nationwide Reputation for Results.

Who qualifies?

  • Individuals who served in the military between 2003-2015
  • Were issued 3M dual-ended earplugs during service
  • Suffer from permanent hearing loss or tinnitus

The Issue with 3M Military Earplugs

The United States Government recently recovered $9.1 million dollars from a whistleblower case filed against 3M regarding its combat earplugs used by the US military. Millions of sets of the now-discontinued Dual-Ended Combat Arms™ Earplugs (CAEv2) were standard issued equipment for soldiers doing tours of duty in Afghanistan and Iraq between 2003 and 2015. The CAEv2 plugs had a dual use. The yellow side would trap loud sounds and the olive or dark green side would block all sounds.

What Went Wrong

The government alleged that corner cutting by 3M during design and or production resulted in protective earplugs that did not function as advertised and did not fully seal the ear canal, thus allowing damaging loud noise in that should have been trapped. As a result, users may develop hearing loss and also tinnitus, a persistent ringing in the ear.

Hearing loss is the most common form of disability seen in soldiers who discharge from military service.

The government estimates more than 1 million veterans and active duty military used the plugs and a significant number of them have a hearing impairment.

Do I have a Claim?

You or a loved one may be entitled to compensation from the makers of these earplugs if –

  • Served in the United States Military between 2003-2015
  • Were issued and used these yellow and dark green earplugs (CAEv2)
  • You have hearing loss, hearing injury, or tinnitus

What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive?

Military service members who have suffered a hearing disability after using the defective earplugs may file lawsuits against the manufacturer alleging that 3M knowingly supplied the defective earplugs to the United States military leaving users vulnerable to hearing damage, hearing loss and tinnitus.

Filing a claim against 3M could help you recover compensation for:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Medical bills
  • Past lost wages
  • Future lost wages
  • Permanent or temporary disability
  • Punitive damages
  • Loss of enjoyment of life

What Do I Need to Do? Who Do I Contact?

Contact the Bryant Law Center to arrange for a free consultation. Please note, even if you’re unsure which brand of earplugs you were issued during your service, we may still be able to determine if you can take legal action. 

Clients should also request copies of his or her DD 214 forms which will include hearing tests when you entered and left military service and any subsequent hearing tests.

Preserve any evidence of your use of the earplugs that you may have, including the earplugs themselves or even photos of you wearing the earplugs. If you still have the earplugs you were issued, keep them in a safe place as they may be needed for your case. 

However, if you do not have the earplugs, you may still have a claim. Do not let that stop you from calling our office so that we can assess your case.

Call Now For A Free Consultation​

The Bryant Law Center appreciates the service you have given to your country and we are passionate about this case. If you or someone you know has suffered a hearing loss from these 3M DEFECTIVE EAR PLUGS please fill out the contact form or call our office 1-270-905-0995 today for a FREE consultation. You will pay nothing until your case is settled. Our experienced mass tort staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your potential case.


Hiring our firm will cost you nothing until we win your case.*

*At settlement court costs and case expenses will be the responsibility of the client.

Awards and Recognition

Get a Free Case Evaluation

No matter what kind of legal issue you are facing, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. Call 270-908-0995 or complete our simple contact form to schedule a free initial consultation.

Fields Marked with an * are Required