Car Accident Lawyer
Find out if you’re eligible for compensation to cover:
Louisville Car Accident Attorneys
We Have Recovered Over in Compensation for Our Clients
Small Kentucky Law Firm. Nationwide Reputation for Results.
Life in the moments after a car accident is often overwhelming – especially if you have been injured. Once the initial shock wears off, you may wonder what steps you should take next.
You may also begin to worry about how you will be able to pay your medical bills and whether you will be able to work while you are recovering from your injuries. While these reactions are normal, it is up to you to make the most of the minutes and hours following your car crash.
The single best step you can take after a car accident is to call one of our accident lawyers in Louisville to represent you.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Car Accident Lawsuit?
Many injury victims in Louisville KY do not realize how damaging a car accident can be to their health and financial well-being.
A skilled personal injury lawyer will conduct a comprehensive review of your Kentucky injury case to ensure that you receive the maximum settlement possible.
Some damages that an accident lawyer in Louisville can recover in a car accident lawsuit are as follows:
- Medical Bill Payments
- Car Repair Costs
- Lost Wages
- Lost Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Consortium
How Does a Car Accident Lawsuit Work in Louisville? What Process Will My Attorney Follow?
Treating every car accident as a unique event is important when pursuing legal action. We believe it is important to listen to your individual story to understand the exact impact your car accident injuries have had on your personal health.
By listening to your story and analyzing the evidence from your accident, we are able to put together a sound legal strategy for your case.
Our ultimate goal is to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries as well as any income lost due to accident-related work limitations. Here are some steps an attorney with our firm may take to help you receive the compensation you deserve:
- Conduct professional interviews with key people who witnessed your accident or who were present at the scene.
- Secure video footage of your accident that may have been captured by nearby businesses or security cameras.
- Gather photos of the accident scene, including images of your damaged vehicle and surrounding property.
- Run a background check of the other driver and check their phone records to see if phone usage may have contributed to driver negligence.
- Enlist the support of outside experts who can help your case during the litigation phase of your proceedings.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
Yes. If you or anyone else involved in the accident has been injured or sustained vehicle damage, you should contact a trusted lawyer right away.
Auto accidents are serious and can cause more impact on your life than you expect. Even if you think your car accident was not serious, it is better to seek the guidance of a knowledgeable lawyer licensed in Kentucky.
With a skilled attorney by your side, your chances of maximizing your settlement will increase and your rights will be protected.
What Can a Louisville Lawyer Do For Me?
Many car accident victims are surprised by the challenges that arise after an accident.
From intimidation tactics to difficulty securing your medical records, the days and weeks after an auto accident are often filled with unpleasant roadblocks.
When you work with a law firm that specializes in personal injury claims, they will handle these challenges on your behalf. Here are a few examples of what a lawyer can do for you:
- Maximize your settlement by gathering key pieces of evidence and organizing your case.
- Negotiate with insurance company representatives and lawyers representing other drivers or pedestrians involved in your accident.
- Stop intimidation tactics used by insurance agencies in an effort to convince you to agree to a settlement that is less than what you deserve.
- Secure key documents quickly from hospitals and medical offices (such as medical reports and medical bills) as well as documents from law enforcement agencies (like a police report).
- Support you throughout the legal process by answering your questions and communicating with insurance companies on your behalf.
Should I Accept a Settlement?
No. Many car crash victims are surprised by how quickly insurance agencies contact them with settlement offers.
In many cases, these “offers” are accompanied by coercion tactics designed to convince you to accept a lowball settlement amount.
An experienced attorney will put an end to these tactics and will tell you how to handle offers for settlements that are far lower than the amount you deserve.
How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer in Louisville KY Cost?
Law firms in Louisville differ in terms of their fee structures. However, a reasonable law firm typically offers a free consultations to auto accident victims.
During this consultation, you can inquire about costs (such as court costs) and payment schedules. For instance, you will learn whether your lawyer charges an hourly rate or a flat fee.
In many cases, lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that they don’t receive a fee unless your law firm wins your case.
How Much Time Do I Have After My Accident to File a Lawsuit in Louisville?
Adhering to deadlines is critical when filing your lawsuit. If you hire a lawyer for your case, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your filing will be completed on time and in accordance with Kentucky state laws. There are three key dates to remember pertaining to your accident and your lawsuit:
- Reporting your accident: Drivers have 10 days to file a report with the Kentucky State Police Department.
- Filing injury claims: You must file an injury claim within one year of the date of your auto accident in Kentucky.
- Damage claims: Drivers have two years from the date of their automobile accident to file a personal property damage claim.
How Do I Navigate Through Louisville Car Accident Laws?
Hiring a car accident lawyer with extensive knowledge of Louisville car accident laws is critical to securing a favorable outcome for your case.
But not all Louisville car accident lawyers are created equal.
The Derby City’s top personal injury lawyers are experienced and have a proven track record of success navigating Louisville’s complicated car accident laws.
A key law to remember is Kentucky’s adherence to a no-fault system for auto accidents. This means that you need to file a claim with your own insurance company regardless of who’s “at-fault” in your car accident. There are a few exceptions to this rule, which your chosen law firm can cover in detail with you.
In addition to Kentucky’s no-fault system, you may have questions about your settlement process. In most cases, insurance companies launch an investigation of your claim after they receive notice of your accident.
They then calculate the amount of damages they will authorize and issue a check. If this amount is lower than what you feel is fair, you can request an appeal with your insurance company.
If you have hired a personal injury lawyer, they will handle this process on your behalf and boost the chances of a successful appeal.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
The most common causes of car accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Alcohol consumption
- Speeding or driving aggressively
- Unsafe weather conditions
- Running red lights
- A lack of driver experience
- Manufacturing defects
- Poor Maintenance or Negligence in Maintaining the Vehicle, such as:
- Bald Tires
- Broken windshield wipers
- Non-functional turn signals
- Poorly Maintained brakes
- Other forms of equipment failure
The leading cause of car accidents is distracted driving.
Drivers who try to talk on the phone, eat, apply makeup, or multitask while driving, are far more likely to be involved in an accident than drivers who focus exclusively on driving.
What Should I Do Immediately After a Car Accident?
The moments after a car wreck are critical. You may feel shocked, frightened, and uncertain about what to do next. While the exact measures you take will depend on your physical condition and the location of your accident, there are some key steps you should follow.
You will help protect yourself from further injury and make the best use of your time after your motor vehicle accident by taking the six steps below:
Six Steps to Take after a Motor Vehicle Accident
- Seek medical help immediately. Calling 911 right away is especially important if you are severely injured or feel disoriented.
- Move your car out of the path of traffic. In many cases, this means safely moving your car to the shoulder.
- Report your accident to the police. For a law enforcement official to investigate your case, you need to report it to the police.
- Reach out to a personal injury attorney. A skilled lawyer will provide support and guide you through the next steps to take.
- Secure the contact details of the other driver. Make a note of the driver’s full name, phone numbers, email, and full address.
- Take pictures and make notes about the scene. Remember to remain out of harm’s way if you exit your vehicle.
Contact A Louisville Car Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
By following the simple steps outlined above, you can protect yourself from further injuries and help prevent additional damage to your vehicle.
But the single best step you can take to get the maximum compensation available is to seek the guidance of an accomplished personal injury lawyer.
With an experienced lawyer in your corner, your chances of securing a favorable outcome in your case will greatly increase.
We invite you to contact our personal injury attorneys at Bryant Law Center for a free consultation to discover what your options are and why residents across Louisville Kentucky turn to us when they are injured in a car crash.
Our legal team of car accident lawyers has years of experience and will guide you through Kentucky’s car accident settlement process and work tirelessly to help you secure the compensation you deserve. We look forward to helping you successfully resolve your case and move forward with your life.
Were You in a Car Accident in Louisville KY Today?
You Don't Pay Anything Unless We Win
Do not continue to lose sleep agonizing over how you will deal with the financial devastation of a motor vehicle wreck. We are the small-town Kentucky law firm with a national reputation for success in injury cases. Our lawyers will sit down with you one-on-one during a free, no-commitment initial consultation to examine the details of your case.
We provide contingency fee representation. This means you pay nothing unless our attorneys obtain compensation for your injuries. Call or fill out our contact form to learn more.