Paducah Personal Injury Lawyer
An accident can derail your life in many ways. You may have a painful injury that makes it impossible to work, for example, or that leaves you with permanent scarring and disfigurement. At Bryant Law Center P.S.C., our Paducah personal injury lawyers are passionate about bringing justice to the clients that we represent. We can help you go up against someone who carelessly or recklessly caused your injuries. Our attorneys care about clients and can help you get through this difficult time in your life.
Why Clients Choose Bryant Law Center P.S.C.
- Our track record of success, with over $100 million achieved in verdicts & settlements for clients, speaks for itself. We use proven and personalized legal strategies to obtain the best possible results for each case.
- Our lawyers have decades of experience negotiating with insurance companies, as well as vast trial experience in Kentucky. We are knowledgeable about personal injury law in Kentucky.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t pay unless we win your case. We will come to you at your home or hospital, if necessary, for a free personal injury case review.
Do I Need to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Most personal injury claims are between an accident victim and a defendant’s insurance company. Unfortunately, insurance companies value profitability over helping people. This can make it difficult to obtain fair compensation for your losses. With assistance from an attorney, you can go up against an insurance claims adjuster with confidence.
Your attorney can handle negotiations for you, fighting for maximum compensation while you focus on recovering. A lawyer will know how best to build your case, present evidence and argue for the best possible case results on your behalf.
Our Practice Areas in Paducah, KY
Our founding partner, Attorney Mark Bryant, has been practicing law in Paducah for over 45 years. He has experience as a former prosecutor, has won national class action cases, and achieved major verdicts & settlements and courtroom victories for his clients. Mark and his team of talented attorneys and case managers are prepared to take on many different types of personal injury cases in Paducah and the surrounding areas, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- ATV accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Product and pharmaceutical liability
- Nursing home negligence and abuse
- Catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Fatal accidents/wrongful death claims
If you don’t see your case type on this list, it does not necessarily mean that we can’t take your case. This is not a comprehensive list of all of our practice areas. We have a long history of serving clients throughout Kentucky in a variety of accident and injury cases.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
If you or a loved one gets injured in an accident in Paducah, you may have the right to file a personal injury claim. The basis of your case will most likely be the legal doctrine of negligence. Negligence refers to a person failing to use the proper amount of care for a scenario. If negligence causes harm or injury to someone else, the victim has the right to bring a cause of action in pursuit of financial compensation. The four main elements of a negligence claim are:
- Duty of care. The party that you name as the defendant in your case must have owed you a duty of care, or a legal or ethical obligation to exercise reasonable care.
- Breach of duty. The defendant must be guilty of a breach or violation of the duty of care, meaning he or she did something that a prudent party would not have in the same circumstances.
- Causation. Evidence that the accident or injury in question would not have happened were it not for the defendant’s breach of the duty of care.
- Damages. Real, compensable losses that you experienced as a direct result of the defendant’s negligent action or omission.
Although negligence is the principal basis for personal injury lawsuits, it is also possible to bring a personal injury cause of action based on other legal doctrines, such as negligence per se, breach of warranty and strict liability. Discuss your unique circumstances with an attorney at Bryant Law Center. to find out if you have a personal injury case in Paducah. If so, our experienced attorneys can help you understand your legal options and protect your rights.
Types of Compensation in a Paducah Personal Injury Claim
The purpose of a personal injury cause of action is to make the victim whole again. The civil justice system does this by making financial compensation available for a victim’s losses. The courts recognize that an injured accident victim is dealing with expensive medical bills and other costs and should not have to pay them when an injury is caused by someone else’s mistakes. It permits plaintiffs to seek a financial recovery for the following types of damages:
- Economic. Economic damages pay for the financial hardships connected to an accident. These may include medical bills, lost wages, lost earning capacity, property damage, travel costs and legal fees.
- Noneconomic. Also referred to as “pain and suffering,” noneconomic damages cover all of the intangible effects of an accident and injury, including physical pain, emotional distress, mental harm, psychological anguish and inconvenience.
- Punitive. Punitive damages are meant to punish a defendant for wrongful acts rather than compensate a victim. They are awarded in some Kentucky personal injury cases when a defendant is guilty of fraud, malice or oppression.
The compensable losses that you can claim on your personal injury lawsuit in Paducah depend on the specifics of your case. The attorneys at Bryant Law Center P.S.C. can work closely with you to create a complete list of your damages. Then, we can use aggressive legal tactics to argue for maximum results on your behalf.
Request a Free Personal Injury Case Evaluation in Paducah, Kentucky
If you were wrongly injured in an accident, you should not be the one to pay the costs. You need Bryant Law Center P.S.C. to help you fight for fair compensation using our years of law experience, top-quality resources and committed attorneys. We can help you fight for justice against insurance companies so that you and your family can move forward from a devastating accident. We care about you and your future. To speak to one of our Paducah personal injury lawyers at no cost or obligation, call (270) 550-1230 or contact us online today to request a case review.